You must select a location to proceed.
There was a problem adding this course to your account. Please try again in a few minutes. If the problem persists, you can contact our support department at (877) 880-1335.
Adding Registration, Please wait...
You must be logged in to perform this action.
ON DEMAND: Employee Benefits Series: Special Financial Assistance for Multiemployer Plans Under ARPA
Credit: 0 Credit Hours
After years of proposals around how to address the crisis facing severely underfunded multiemployer pension plans, the American Rescue Plan Act created a new special assistance program to stabilize the system. The PBGC estimates that it will pay approximately $94 billion in special financial assistance to plans covering more than 3 million participants and beneficiaries.
The D.C. Bar's Employee Benefits Committee is pleased to welcome Kendra Isaacson, Senior Pensions Counsel for the Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions, Justin Alex, a partner at Proskauer Rose, and Josh Shapiro, Senior Actuarial Advisor at Groom Law Group, to discuss, among other things:
- Background on the multiemployer plan funding crisis and how the legislation came to be
- How the law offers assistance to financially troubled multiemployer plans
- PBGC guidance issued under ARPA
- Experience with the special financial assistance program so far
Are you a current law student and looking to register for one of our programs? Learn about the D.C. Bar Law Student Community and attend most individual programs at a discounted rate. Find out more here.
Sponsored by: Employee Benefits Committee of the D.C. Bar Taxation Community
- Justin S. Alex, Partner, Proskauer Rose LLP
- Kendra Isaacson, Senior Pensions Counsel, Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
- Josh Shapiro, Senior Actuarial Advisor, Groom Law Group
|D.C. Bar Member||$40.00|
|D.C. Bar Premium Community Member||$0.00|
|Law Student Community||$15.00|
|Non Profit Attorney||Standard|