You must select a location to proceed.
There was a problem adding this course to your account. Please try again in a few minutes. If the problem persists, you can contact our support department at (877) 880-1335.
Adding Registration, Please wait...
You must be logged in to perform this action.
ON DEMAND: Employee Benefits Tax Series: Defined Contribution Plan Investments in Private Funds
Credit: 0 Credit Hours
Run Time: 76 Minutes
Defined benefit pension plans routinely invest in private equity funds, hedge funds and other private investment funds as part of their overall investment strategy. For defined contribution pension plans, on the other hand, those investments continue to be relatively rare. What gives rise to that dynamic and might changes lie ahead? Our panelists will discuss:
- The ERISA and securities law framework generally
- Fee and liquidity considerations under ERISA
- Potential ramifications from Sulyma vs. Intel Corp. Investment Policy Committee
- The June 2019 SEC concept release on the Harmonization of Securities Offering Exemptions and the potential for change
- Laurie E. Keenan, Ivins, Phillips & Barker
- Joshua A. Lichtenstein, Ropes & Gray LLP
- Meaghan VerGow, O’Melveny & Myers LLP
|D.C. Bar Member||$40.00|
|D.C. Bar Premium Community Member||$0.00|
|Law Student Community||$15.00|
|Non Profit Attorney||Standard|