You must select a location to proceed.
There was a problem adding this course to your account. Please try again in a few minutes. If the problem persists, you can contact our support department at (877) 880-1335.
Adding Registration, Please wait...
You must be logged in to perform this action.
ON DEMAND: Understanding Fraud Schemes and Controls to Conduct Effective Investigations
Understanding Fraud Schemes and Controls to Conduct Effective Investigations
Credit: 0 Credit Hours
For attorneys who work on fraud and related matters, it is valuable to understand the elements of fraud and how fraudsters perpetrate schemes. It is also valuable to understand the types of programs that should exist to prevent fraud before it happens or provide early detection.
This course describes fraud schemes, fraud controls and typical failures, red flags to inform investigations in the following outline:
- Fraud Schemes – an overview of common fraud schemes
- Case Studies – participants hear first hand examples of frauds investigated by the instructors
- Anti-Fraud – what does right look like – a description of effective anti-fraud controls to raise awareness of increased risks, which can inform an investigation approach (this will highlight the Anti-fraud Playbook, recently released by the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners)
- Red Flags – identifying critical elements during an investigation that should inform your investigation approach
- Q&A - participants are encouraged to ask questions, based on their own experiences
At the conclusion of the session, participants will better understand how to consider fraud schemes, controls and red flags when working on fraud related matters.
Sponsored by: D.C. Bar Litigation Community and D.C. Bar Criminal Law and Individual Rights Community
- Bryan Moser, Partner, Grant Thornton LLP
- Sophia Carlton, Grant Thornton LLP
|Criminal Law and Individual Rights||$20.00|
|D.C. Bar Member||$40.00|
|D.C. Bar Premium Community Member||$0.00|
|Law Student Community||$15.00|
|Non Profit Attorney||Standard|