You must select a location to proceed.
There was a problem adding this course to your account. Please try again in a few minutes. If the problem persists, you can contact our support department at (877) 880-1335.
Adding Registration, Please wait...
You must be logged in to perform this action.
ON DEMAND: Medical-Legal Partnerships: A Primer
Medical-Legal Partnerships: A Primer
Credit: 0 Credit Hours
Medical-Legal Partnerships create frameworks by which lawyers, doctors and health-care institutions work together to address the social determinants of health and improve overall outcomes for clients/patients. Join us for a panel discussion with lawyers and a physician that will highlight the important role that Medical-Legal Partnerships play in providing holistic representation and care to clients/patients. Through an interactive panel discussion (audience participation encouraged) speakers will address the following topics:
Sponsored by: D.C. Bar Health Law Community
- The origin and history of Medical Legal Partnerships.
- The benefits of participating in Medical Legal Partnerships for clients/patients and practitioners.
- Best cases and lessons learned.
- The road ahead for Medical Legal Partnerships.
- Practice pointers.
- How to get involved at every career stage.
- Jeffrey Goldhagen, MD MPH Professor and Chief, Division of Community and Societal Pediatrics University of Florida College of Medicine
- Bethany Hamilton, Esq., Co-Director, National Center for Medical-Legal Partnership
- Keegan Warren-Clem, Esq. Adjunct Professor, University of Texas at Austin School of Law
- L'Kel Little, Associate General Counsel, March of Dimes, Inc. (Moderator)
- Mia Olsen, Assistant General Counsel, Department of Behavioral Health (Moderator)
|D.C. Bar Member||$40.00|
|D.C. Bar Premium Community Member||$0.00|
|Law Student Community||$15.00|
|Non Profit Attorney||Standard|